- the 380 Development Group is not an urban renewal agency subject to Iowa Code chapter 403
- the North Liberty City Council approved developers’ agreements for the two separate land deals. But because Judge Sosalla’s November ruling stated the city was enjoined from “buying concluding
- urban renewal project powers can only be exercised either by a municipality
- the city also agreed to purchase an adjacent 40 acres of land and sell it for future development. The $12 million in bonds for the land purchase would have been repaid through Tax Increment Financing (TIF) revenues and sale of the adjacent lots. However
- City Administrator Ryan Heiar acknowledged the city is re-doing that process. Another public hearing to amend the city’s Urban Renewal plan is scheduled for Dec. 14.