- the North Liberty City Council approved a final plan presented by RCA North Liberty Living Center for the building to be built on 4 acres of land off Ashley Court in North Liberty.
- the city also agreed to purchase an adjacent 40 acres of land and sell it for future development. The $12 million in bonds for the land purchase would have been repaid through Tax Increment Financing (TIF) revenues and sale of the adjacent lots. However
- questioned whether it was prudent for the city to compete with developers who already own hundreds of acres of commercially zoned land in North Liberty
- currently identifies four areas for commercial development. The 64 acres targeted by the UICCU is located in an area designated for residential growth. Not only is the suggested move inconsistent with the comprehensive plan
- Plots for parks and future facilities