Blood drive to be Feb. 6
IOWA CITY– The University of Iowa DeGowin Blood Center will hold a blood drive at the North Liberty Recreation Center on Monday, Feb. 6, from 4 until 7 p.m. in Rooms 1 and 3 on the lower level.
In an average week, UIHC patients need nearly 600 units of blood products. Just one pint of donated blood can help save the lives of several people.
To be eligible to donate blood a person must:
• Be 17 years old or 16 with parental consent;
• Weigh at least 110 pounds;
• Be cold or flu symptom free for five days;
• Pass a mini-physical and medical history inquiry.
• Have a photo ID;
• Know Social Security or drivers license number;
• Drink fluids and have a meal prior to donation;
• Bring a list of current medications;
• Bring a list of places visited outside the U.S. within the last three years.
Appointments take approximately 45-60 minutes.
Contact the UI DeGowin Blood Center at 319-356-2058 with any questions.