Solon Public Library
Babygarten helps to nurture the bond between caregiver and child, increase eye-hand coordination, and develop body awareness. This rhythmic program will enrich your child’s life from the very beginning and provide an excellent foundation for the future. Each session will feature music, board books, and toys and is intended for children ages birth to 24 months.
Our next Babygarten program will run on Fridays from Sept. 5 through Oct. 10, at 9:30 a.m. Registration is free. Call the library at 319-624-2678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Longmire Series
“Longmire” is a crime drama television series on the A&E Network. The show is based on the “Walt Longmire Mysteries” series of mystery novels written by best-selling author Craig Johnson.
The book and television series follows the story of Walt Longmire, a dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. Widowed only a year, he is a man in psychic repair, but buries his pain behind his brave face, unassuming grin, and dry wit.
Book series in order
• The Cold Dish (December 2004)
• Death Without Company (March 2006)
• Kindness Goes Unpunished (March 2007)
• Another Man’s Moccasins (May 2008)
• The Dark Horse (May 2009)
• Junkyard Dogs (May 2010)
• Hell is Empty (May 2011)
• A Serpent’s Tooth (June 2013)
• Spirit of Steamboat (October 2013)
• Any Other Name (May 2014)
There are other titles in the series that are listed as eBooks short stories. These specific stories are not available, at this time, through the library, but are obtainable where eBooks are sold.
The Learning Express Library version 3.0 is a brand new School Center with content aligned to the Common Core State Standards and includes many new resources and features. There will also be many new practice tests and tutorials. There will also be new eBooks and flash reviews for Nursing Assistant/Nurse Aide, Pharmacy Technician, and TOEFL iBT(r).
There is also going to be a PowerPoint 2013 courses for basic, intermediate, and advanced levels, and a PowerPoint 2013: What’s new tutorial. This extends the collection of Microsoft Office 2013 products (Word, Access, Project, and Excel) for libraries that have Computer Skills and Popular Software Tutorials.
Meal and a Movie
July’s Meal and a Movie program will take place Aug. 1, from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. The movie this month will be “Ladies in Lavender.” This film is set in picturesque coastal Cornwall, in a tight-knit fishing village in 1936. Two sisters befriend a handsome stranger they find on the beach, and they nurse him back to health. However, the presence of this young man disrupts the lives of both sisters and their village.
The movie is free, but registration is required for the catered meal and costs $7.50 for an entrée, vegetable, and dessert. The movie follows the meal and usually begins around noon. Call Sandra Hanson at 624-2710 to register, or sign up at Old Gold Dining.
Dates to Remember
• Storytime. Every Tuesday morning at 10:30 a.m. for children ages 2 through 5. Join us for stories, songs, and a craft.
• Meal and a Movie. 11 a.m.-3 p.m. usually on the last Friday of the month. The movie is free, but registration is required for the catered meal and costs $7.50 for an entrée, vegetable, and dessert. The movie follows the meal and usually begins around noon. Call Sandra Hanson at 624-2710 to register, or sign up at Old Gold Dining.
• LEGO Club Aug. 4. The first Monday of every month. This program runs from 6 until 7 p.m.
• Early Out Aug. 21 activity: Make your own fingerprint and collage notes. This craft program will run from 1:45 to 2:45 p.m.
• Early Out Aug. 28: “The LEGO Movie” rated PG, 100 minutes. This program will run from 1:45 to 3:15 p.m.