- specifically the $819 billion stimulus package passed under President Barack Obama and the $700 billion spent to bail out banks just before Obama took office.
- President Barack Obama returned to Iowa City to start the work of selling a recently-passed healthcare reform bill to the American people.
- sees further opportunities for federal funds in the future. An additional $2.5 billion in rail appropriations has been allocated for future applications. McCann also said President Obama has committed $1 million per year in the budget
- part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) signed into law by President Obama. At least $140 million was allocated specifically for rural areas.
- that a conservative Republican can win there. Reed also feels “Obama-mania” influenced voters in 2008 and now some Obama voters are expressing what he called buyer’s remorse. He said they could either stay home or switch sides. Obviously