UI DeGowin blood drive to be May 14
IOWA CITY– The University of Iowa DeGowin Blood Center will hold a blood drive at the North Liberty Recreation Center on Monday, May 14, from 4 until 7 p.m. in the Gerdin Conference Rooms 1 and 3.
To be eligible to donate blood a person must:
• Be 17 years old or 16 with parental consent.
• Weigh at least 110 pounds.
• Be cold or flu symptom-free for five days.
• Pass a mini-physical and medical history inquiry.
• Have a photo ID.
• Know Social Security or driver’s license number.
• Drink fluids and have a meal prior to donation.
• Bring a list of current medications.
• Bring a list of places visited outside the U.S. within the last three years.
Appointments are encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome. Sign up online at www.uihealthcare.org/bloodcenter. Contact the UI DeGowin Blood Center at 319-356-2058 with questions.