NLPD cites five businesses for selling to minors
NORTH LIBERTY– On Sept. 9, the North Liberty Police Department conducted an alcohol compliance check on businesses holding a liquor license in North Liberty. Eighteen businesses were checked with an underage subject. Thirteen of the businesses passed the compliance check and refused to sell alcohol to the underage subject. The following businesses and employees sold alcohol to the underage subject and were cited for selling alcohol to a minor:
• Eggy’s: Samantha Smith, age 23;
• Iguanas Grill: Jimiya Poisel, age 21;
• Café Brown Bottle: Alexandra Drehman, age 26.
• Corridor Ventures: Tara Bolan, age 21;
• Corridor Convenience: Calvin Rohlwing, age 19.
The North Liberty Police Department will be conducting alcohol compliance checks on a regular schedule, according to North Liberty Police Department Chief James Warkentin.