IOWA CITY– The University of Iowa DeGowin Blood Center will hold a blood drive at the North Liberty Recreation Center on Monday, Feb. 6, from 4 until 7 p.m.
In an average week, UIHC patients need nearly 600 units of blood products. One pint of donated blood can help save the lives of several people.
To be eligible to donate blood a person must:
• Be 17 years old or 16 with parental consent;
• Weigh at least 110 pounds;
• Be cold or flu symptom free for five days;
• Pass a mini-physical and medical history inquiry;
• Have a photo ID;
• Know Social Security or drivers license number;
• Drink fluids and have a meal prior to donation;
• Bring a list of current medications;
• Bring a list of places visited outside the U.S. within the last three years.
Contact the UI DeGowin Blood Center at 319-356-2058 with any questions.